A Level ICT
The impact of ICT on society is enormous. As well as the rapid development of new technologies that gather, organise and share information, familiar technologies like television, telephone and computers are evolving and being expanded by digitised information, causing a convergence of technologies.
The aims of this course are to encourage candidates to develop:
• the capacity to think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically
• the skills to work collaboratively
• the ability to apply skills, knowledge and understanding of ICT in a range of contexts to solve problems
• an understanding of the consequences of using ICT on individuals, organisations and society and of social, legal, ethical and other considerations on the use of ICT
• an awareness of emerging technologies and an appreciation of the potential impact these may have on individuals, organisations and society.
This course is suitable to students who are interested in pursuing an ICT-related career or who wish to gain a formal ICT qualification. It also combines well with other subjects that contain analytical, scientific and technological aspects. No previous knowledge of ICT is assumed.