The fees and payment details can all be found below. These are applicable from September 2023.
Little King’s offers a stimulating Pre-School environment and prepares children for the important next step to Reception.
We are delighted to be able to accept the 15 hours free Government vouchers, please note we do not accept the additional 15 hours. This is due to the fact that the cost of our bespoke Early Years environment cannot be covered by the value of these vouchers. Time in Kindergarten includes specialist teachers e.g. music lessons with the Director of Music from the Junior School, Dance and Movement lessons with the Head of Dance from the Junior School, as well as structured activities and excursions designed to develop each child.
|Morning Session||Full Day||Aftercare|
|8.30am - 12.30pm||8.30am - 3.15pm||3.15pm - 6.00pm|
Pre-School places are available for morning sessions or full day sessions at a charge of £9.60 per hour.
Early Birds club is available from 7.45am at a charge of £2.50 per half hour. Aftercare is available at £7.50 per hour.
• Pre-School fees are invoiced on a six-weekly basis and are payable upon receipt of the invoice
• The Governors reserve the right to not permit pupils to return to school if fees remain unpaid
• Employee Childcare vouchers/salary sacrifice schemes are accepted.
Junior and Senior School
|Lower Transition||(Year 1)||£3,640|
|Upper Transition||(Year 2)||£3,640|
|Lower Preparatory||(Year 3)||£4,435|
|Upper Preparatory||(Year 4)||£4,905|
|Lower Shell||(Year 5)||£5,260|
|Upper Shell||(Year 6)||£5,820|
|First Form||(Year 7)||£6,780|
|Second Form||(Year 8)||£7,240|
|Third Form||(Year 9)||£7,240|
|Fourth Form||(Year 10)||£7,980|
|Fifth Form||(Year 11)||£7,980|
|Lower Sixth||(Year 12)||£7,980|
|Upper Sixth||(Year 13)||£7,980|
A Sibling Discount of 5% is offered for the second child attending King’s from the same family rising to 10%, 15%, 20% and 25% for subsequent siblings, whilst they are all in attendance.
The School fees are calculated on an annual basis. For the purposes of payment, they are divided into three equal instalments, which do not necessarily relate to the length of the term.
School fees are reviewed annually by the Governing body. Any increase normally takes effect from September each year. The Governors reserve the right to impose a surcharge at any time in the event of any sudden or unpredictable rise in the School’s running costs.
What is included?
- Laboratory, Art and DT expenses (pupils wishing to keep completed items only pay for materials)
What is not included?
- Textbooks in Senior School
- External examination fees
All optional extras are offered on a termly basis and one term’s notice in writing to the Bursar is required to discontinue any optional extra.
- Music - £26.50 per lesson (normally 10 lessons per term of 30 minutes each).
- The School can arrange LAMDA Speech and Drama lessons during the school day with an accredited third-party teacher. The costs are from £11 per pupil in a group lesson up to £24 for a solo lesson. Further details are available on request from the Performing Arts Administrator: [email protected]
- Learning Support - In Junior and Senior School learning support is conducted in small groups within curriculum time without extra charge except in exceptional circumstances when a charge will be made.
- Incidentals - Outdoor pursuits, visits to plays, concerts etc.
- English as a Foreign Language (EFL) £37.00 per lesson.
- A deposit of £500 per child is payable to secure a place. The deposit is refundable, subject to any outstanding payments, against the final invoice issued when a child leaves the School.
- Payment of school fees is due on or before the start of the term invoiced. A surcharge of 1.5% per month is payable on all late payments.
- Monthly direct debit payments may be arranged via an arrangement with School Fee Plan. Please see their website for further details: School Fee Plan.
- The Governors reserve the right to not permit pupils to return to school if the fees are not paid on time.
- A full term’s notice must be given in writing by the parent or guardian before a pupil is withdrawn. This notice should be received by the Bursar, on or before the first day of term. This rule applies throughout the school, including transfer from Junior (Year 6) to Senior (Year 7) and into the Lower Sixth (Year 12), where transfer is presumed. Failure to provide such notice will result in a term’s fees being charged in lieu of notice.
Lloyd’s TSB Bank plc, Eastgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 1NU
Account Name: The King’s School, Gloucester
Sort Code: 30-93-48
Account No: 00175810